At Alertive we’re driven to improve communication for critical healthcare workers and reduce the burden of administration for them. Our target user base of over 1.5 million staff in the UK treat over 1 million patients every 36 hours.
Are you looking for a challenging and exciting career in software testing? If so, we are looking for a Test Engineer to join our team!
As a Test Engineer at Alertive, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing test plans and procedures for our software products. You will work with an experienced team of engineers to ensure that our products meet all quality requirements.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about software testing, looking to progress their career and wants to make a real impact on the quality of our products which help empower healthcare providers to deliver higher-quality care to patients. If you are a passionate and detail-oriented software tester who is looking for a challenging and rewarding job, we encourage you to apply.
Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Work with product development teams to understand requirements and develop test cases
- Execute manual and automated tests
- Execute and maintain regression tests
- Analyse test results and report on findings
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices
- Play a key role in the testing of all aspects of the Alertive secure messaging product
- Test functional and non-functional areas of the product using a variety of testing tools and techniques
- Comprehensively test features of Alertive for accuracy, scalability, reliability and security
- Participate in the application design process
- Participating in test reviews
- Assist in providing test estimates and plans
- Reviewing documentation and helping to define key acceptance criteria
- Collaborate well with other team members and stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of Alertive’s users requirements, needs and processes
- Develop a broad understanding of the Alertive product set
- Be respectful of the company values of communication, humility, diversity, resilience and innovation
What are are looking for:
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, test practices and terminology
- Experience of testing within agile based software development projects
- Experience testing mobile and web applications
- A bright and driven individual who is passionate about quality
- Interest in test automation and the benefits it can provide
- The ability to work under pressure
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and exciting start-up environment
What we’d really like:
- Experience of working with industry standard testing tools such as JIRA, TestRail, Confluence, or similar
- Experience of automated testing
- Knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language
- Knowledge of at least one database management system
- Working knowledge of cloud hosting technology and principles
- Past experience working within healthcare would be a huge bonus
- Industry standard testing qualification such as ITSQB Foundation and above
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- Windows Server
- Amazon Web Services
- Elixir & Erlang
- Web applications
- MySQL databases
- Push notifications
- Must be a legal resident of the UK and eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship
- Must be available to work full-time
Salary – Up To £40k (dependant On Experience)
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge software products
- A chance to make a real impact on healthcare
- A fun and supportive work environment
- The ability to work from anywhere in the UK
- Competitive salary and benefits package including private healthcare, an attractive pension and life insurance cover, and other perks, including health and wellness support, retail offers, discounts and more
Alertive build mobile and desktop applications that simplify teamwork for critical care workers, connecting them with relevant colleagues and the patient information required to make decisions, at the point of care.
Developed in partnership with our NHS Trust partners, our integrated communication and workflow products help speed up treatment, improve staff efficiency and reduce clinical risk.
We share a unified purpose with our customers which is to reduce the burden of staying coordinated and dealing with administrative tasks so that more time can be spent delivering patient care.
Our values are:
- Clear communication is essential to being understood.
- Innovation partners means we move forward together
- Resilience leads to achieving what is worthwhile.
- Humility and willingness to listen and learn builds respectful relationships.
- Diversity of strengths, ideas and backgrounds enriches us.
To apply for this job please visit alertive-ltd.jobs.personio.com.