We are making cloud-based telephony for more than 10 years.
We are looking for an ambitious colleague who is not afraid to take on a challenging job at a fast-growing company. Are you up for it?
Talksome is a fast-growing company, making the transition from startup to scale-up but keeping the startup mentality. We are proud of our team culture that currently fits 13 colleagues. Our culture is informal, nurturing good ideas and giving the mandate to execute them and most important; engaged on every front (during work and beyond). The world of Talksome is mostly technical, the development department consists of developers that know how to make architectural choices as well as doing DevOps tasks. Next to developers, we have a team of test-engineers focussing on testing the latest and greatest and a product department where we focus on the product from different angles (UX, Marketing, Sales and Funtionalities).
Our daily activities are based around a multi-tenant hosted telephony platform. It provides all basic PBX functionality, as well as multiple API’s for our customers to customize their services. The platform is a distributed system containing various open-source components, combined with a number of self-developed products. Programming languages vary; we use Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby and others. Our platform is built with stability and scalability in mind: we operate 24/7 and currently handle around one million calls per week. The platform is deployed, maintained and tested with a variety of CI/CD automation tools.
What you will be doing
With your 3 development colleagues, you will be responsible for everything there is to maintain/ develop on our Compass platform. You will be asked to build new features as well as introducing fixes that improve/ ensure the platforms’ stability/ security. You will get the chance to:
- Independently think of how to, and build features for our Compass platform.
- Learn about and use a wide variety of programming languages.
- Contribute to the community by using and improving open – source components.
- Contribute to society by building a secure and privacy shielding product.
- Include many different activities in your day, ranging from software architecture to system administration.
Most importantly, you have drive, you have relevant experience you can bring to the table and you show that you can learn new skills easily. You have the ability to grow as a developer and grab opportunities to expand your role in the development team proactively.
How do you fit in?
We are currently looking for a full-time (medior) developer that helps us maintain our position as leading cloud telephony partner. If you want to know ore about our architecture, check our documentation.
- Ability to reason about large-scale distributed software architectures
- Ability to switch/choose between, and willing to learn new programming languages (f.i. Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby)
- Proficient experience with Java, Kotlin, Python and/or Ruby.
- Experience with building REST API’s
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with (unit) testing
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Gitlab (or similar tool)
- Advanced level of speaking business English
It would be helpful if you have knowledge in these fields:
- VOIP (Asterisk / Kamailio / SIP / RTP)
- Automated deployment tools (Puppet or similar)
- XMPP (ejabberd)
- Message bus technology (MQ software)
- Data serialization (gRPC, Thrift)
- Debian maintenance & packaging
- Software maintenance (deployment, monitoring)
What we are offering
Next to this challenging position, we are offering a spot in a team of ambitious colleagues, great contract terms, unlimited leave days and a chance to contribute to society. Are you the person we are looking for and are you available to work between 32-40 hours per week? Don’t hesitate to contact us at 088 555 2 111, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.talksome.com.