Website SystemsPlanning Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc.
Be part of a premier team focused on protecting our security.
Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) delivers high-impact, technical solutions to complex national security issues. As we enter our 50th year in business, we are known for continuous innovation for government customers, both long-established and newly acquired, as our capabilities expand around the globe. Our work is state-of-the-art and made possible only through the best personnel, tools, and jobs in the national security business. We are highly collaborative in spirit and practice, and we freely share expertise across SPA in our quest for enduring solutions to critical concerns. Come work with the best!
SPA has an immediate need for a JChat Software Tester to provide contracting services to NATO.
Under the direction / guidance of the NCIA Point of Contact or delegated staff, the software tester will extend / maintain the existing test suite and execute test cases. This includes the following activities:
- Write, execute and maintain the JChat test cases
- Work closely with the developers / testers to plan and execute the test cases related to a product feature and report the issues
- Improve, provide feedback to make the testing process efficient
- Attend to team meetings to provide updates and impediments to the colleagues and delegated staff
- Share the knowledge inside the team
- The contractor will be part of a team and will work using an Agile/Scrum and iterative approach during multiple sprints. Each sprint is planned for a duration of one week. The content and scope of each sprint will be agreed during the sprint-planning meeting.
**You will be required to work off-site
- The candidate has relevant and recent experience in software
- The candidate is well able to plan, write and execute test cases and review existing test
- The candidate has relevant and recent experience with chat related technologies, including, but not limited to XMPP, XEPs,, M-LINK Server, Openfire Server and Openfire
- The candidate has experience setting up a chat test environment, i.e. with installing Openfire Servers, in clustered and standalone setup, managing chat domains, configuring plugins, configuring dns etc
- The candidate has experience in using test development tools (e.g. Zephyr, TestRail)
- The candidate is familiar with working in a Scrum team and has participated in a Scrum team for at least four
- The candidate is able to speak and write fluent English since the work is conducted in English
- The candidate is able to work independently and has can-do spirit
- National of one of the 30 NATO countries
- In possession of an active National and/or NATO Secret security clearance
To apply for this job please visit international-spa.icims.com.