Innovation, agility and security
A bit about us…
Amiosec is an exciting and growing UK technology company with innovation, agility, and state of the art technology at its core. We work in partnerships with UK government customers and commercial providers to deliver research, technology, products, and services in the communications security sector.
We empower our staff to make a positive difference and strive for innovation in everything we do. We operate with integrity, mutual respect and honestly, striving always to meet commitments we make to each other, our business partners, and our customers.
PLEASE NOTE: – Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be required to obtain and maintain an appropriate UK security clearance.
Reporting to the Head of Services, the successful candidate will become a part of the Systems team. You will be joining a team that designs, builds and implements world leading solutions and also provides support to our Service Operations teams, in a level 3 support capacity.
This role is working 37.5 hours a week on a full time basis in our offices in Tewkesbury, with 2 days working from home a week (subject to needs of the business)
Typical Duties include:
- Design, build and integrate end-to-end remote and mobile secure communications systems
- Troubleshooting complex environments
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Testing and assessing technologies to enhance the security or capability of the environments
- Creating, verifying, and maintaining technical documentation
- Involvement in the support of live (critical) systems, working with internal and external stakeholders to fault find and resolve issues within time constraints.
- Proficiency with virtualisation technologies. Working experience with VMware vSphere, vSAN, vCenter.
- Good working knowledge of building & deploying Linux-based systems. (RHEL/Debian)
- Experience of deploying and troubleshooting containerised systems in Docker or Podma
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience in developing your own scripts (Bash or Python)
- Experience deploying highly available infrastructure
- Ability to research, understand and implement new technologies.
- Ability to operate in small cross-functional engineering teams to build supportable, sustainable, and reliable services
- Experience of using Kubernetes
- Experience of using AWS
- Knowledge of CIS and security hardening principles
- Experience with IP communication protocols (SIP/XMPP/RTP)
- Building, maintaining or operating highly secure infrastructure
- Understanding of cryptographic technologies
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code technologies (IaC) such as Terraform
- Understanding or knowledge of the OSI model
- Experience in configuring or knowledge of secure protocols such as IPsec, SSH
- Experience with version control tools, e.g. Git
- Understanding of CI/CD and build engineering
- Experience in using an MDM (Mobile Device Management)
Why work for us?
We here at Amiosec appreciate the work our staff do, as a result we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Life Insurance
- Private Health Scheme, that disregards medical history, has no excess and no limit on treatments
- Salary Sacrifice Company Penson, matched up to a maximum of 10%
- Option to have a 9-day-fortnight, getting every other Friday off
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank/Public Holidays
- Option to buy an additional 37.5 holiday hours
- Coffee & Cake mornings every fortnight
- 2:30pm finish on a Friday
- Team Away Days
- Free fruit in the office
- Free Flu Vaccination
Amiosec is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. We aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that our current and future colleagues, are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. Please inform us of any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make to the application or interview process.
To apply for this job please visit amiosec.com.