Embedded Software Engineer / IOT / Azure
Staff Perm is hiring an experienced, knowledgeable, and talented engineer to design and develop software components for the Controls Engineering organization. As software design engineer, you will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain software components for Internet of Things devices and Cloud.
***Must have Azure hands on Experience***
***Currently using Linux but will be using MQTT in the future. Using REST APIs, Open DDS and SignalR.
LOCATION: Richardson, TX 75080 (Remote but must be local in DFW)
POSITION: Direct Hire
PAY RANGE: $65.00hr
BENEFITS: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Term Life, Short Term Disability etc.
Under general direction, performs complex activities relating to systems software engineering for embedded system, electronic components and control systems . Handles complex aspects of design, development and integration of embedded software components and applications. Has technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting technical projects or phases of projects involving design and development. Coordinates the efforts of engineering support staff. Designs and develops Windows Software applications. Implements software components based on applicable specifications and design. May provide work direction to less experienced engineers. Strong expertise in software coding, software design, integration, simulation, communication protocols. Familiar with software development tools. Able to coordinate and direct the work of teams.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality.
- Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing, and other support groups.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organizations intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities.
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent is required.
MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- 3 years of professional experience in developing, deploying, and debugging scalable cloud (Azure) applications
- Expertise in one or more high-level cloud programming languages such as Embeded C, C++, Java.
- Experience with some of the Internet of Things communication protocols such as https, web-sockets, MQTT, XML/JSON, XMPP, COAP
- Design, Deploy, and Debug experience for cloud solutions involving scalable server back-ends, mobile, and web
- Familiar with device and cloud software development on a IOT platforms i.e. Microsoft Azure IoT Hub.
- Familiar with the architecture, design, device/cloud integration, and development of Internet of Things software
- Strong understanding of REST, Microservices, Containers, Kubernetes, & best security practices
- Ability to develop unit test driven software components
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards),continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications.
- Familiar with static and dynamic analysis software tools
- Experience developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes.
- Familiar with Building and Home Automation Systems
- Familiar with HVAC control systems is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work with third parties and offshore development teams as needed.
About Staff Perm
Staff Perm is an Award Winning and Certified Small Business Enterprise that is BBB Accredited utilizing a staff with over 20 years of staffing and placement experience to simplify the employee recruitment process.
2221 Lakeside Blvd. Suite 1120, Richardson, Texas 75082 www.staffperm.com
To apply for this job please visit www2.jobdiva.com.