Website SystematicGroup Systematic
Our mission is to deliver IT solutions that make it simpler for users to make crucial decisions in demanding situations.
Looking for your next career opportunity? Here is your chance to take on a customer-facing engineering role as a key player in delivering and implementing tactical communications systems and IT solutions for our Defence customers in Australia!
A growing team with high ambitions and defence at its core
Our Australian office in Canberra opened its doors in 2017 and today we employ 10 colleagues across our locations in Canberra and Brisbane. The team works exclusively with delivering our core solutions to the Australian Defence Force. Our products SitaWare Headquarters, SitaWare Frontline, and SitaWare Edge encapsulates all echelons of command, from the individual soldier to the joint level. Tactical decision-making is crucial to executing on strategy, and it can be achieved through an integrated, ultra-modern command and control toolset.
A customer-facing engineering role
As a Solution Engineer you will be a key player in delivering our products to the Australian Defence Force. You will be working closely with our customers to roll out our mission-critical solution that creates value by simplifying decision-making within areas such as solution design, configuration, installation, technical support, technical training, interoperability, development, and testing.
Providing technical support and advice, your key tasks will be:
- Designing and developing customer-specific extensions to core products to meet customer requirements.
- Implementing and supporting solutions at customer sites.
- Supporting the training of administrators and end-users.
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, sub-contractors, consultants, and colleagues.
- Keeping up to date with products to ensure the alignment of customer expectations and product roadmaps, maximizing value for both the customers and products.
- Conducting technical training for customers – both in classroom and workshop environments.
Our new colleague will…
Be a valued member of the Systematic family and support the team with a well-founded understanding of the defence domain. In addition, your technical insights are varied and as a person you thrive in a dynamic environment where the tasks differ. Additionally, you:
- have an Australian Citizenship and hold the ability to obtain a security clearance
- have a relevant education within software development or similar
- have experience with some of the following:
- IT infrastructure and Platforms such as Windows, Linux Android based operating systems, Active Directory, Database management systems, XMPP chat
- are familiar with either:
- Hardware (infrastructure components such as servers, as well as computing devices)
Do you want to be part of our team? This is what you should expect!
You will join a leading international IT solutions company that values its employees and offer autonomy, flexibility, and support to its employees. Systematic is a global company counting more than 1200 employees on a global scale. Founded in 1985 by our current CEO, we today have 13 offices in 11 countries delivering our solutions in the defence sector to more than 50+ countries around the world. We develop and support software solutions making it simpler for the users to make critical decisions and are one of a few companies to have achieved the CMMI Level 5 accreditation. At Systematic we hire for culture first. People are the core of what we do, and upon employment you will have flexibility, autonomy, trust, and support from a highly skilled team of professionals. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Attractive remuneration
- Modern office with onsite parking
- Generous training and development
- Monthly health insurance allowance
- Income protection and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Defence Reserve leave.
If you have any questions about the position, the Systematic company culture or anything related to the position, you are always welcome to contact Gabrielle Sutton, Corporate Services Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a local? Here’s a little more about Canberra!
Canberra was recently rated Australia’s most liveable city, and for good reason. It offers easy access to the great outdoors, quiet residential areas, the country’s shortest median travel time to work (17.4 minutes!) and an inner city (and surrounds) dining scene that is always developing. Many Canberrans relish our four seasons and two-hour trip to snow or surf. Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths.
Since we wrote our first line of code in 1985, privately owned Systematic A/S has grown to an international software house with more than 1.200 employees representing 27 different nationalities working at offices in 11 countries and with customers all over the world. Our goal is simple: To improve the world with exceptional software. We deliver software and system solutions for customers within the public sector, the health sector, the defence sector, the police, the financial sector and the service sector, and we have more than one million users worldwide. We work on a foundation of trust, where we have freedom and responsibility to make decisions in our daily lives. We are dedicated to making a difference, and dare to challenge technology, each other and ourselves. As a new employee at Systematic, you will be welcomed by helpful colleagues, and you can look forward to both a mentor scheme and all the support you need. Together, we can develop and fulfil your potential and make Systematic even better.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.systematic.com.