Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior J2EE Developer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples – IT.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The role will require to develop J2EE Web applications to monitor the Hitachi units. The candidate will be responsible to gather business requirements, design and develop the back-end logics as well as the Web application front-end. This role is part of a larger multi-disciplinary and international team within the global Hitachi Rail service and maintenance organisation.
The Web Application Senior Developer will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Analyze business requirements and define architectural solutions
- Full stack development of new features as well as maintain the existing Hitachi fleet monitoring platform
- Collaborate with other Developers and mentor where you can
- Write supporting design and technical documentation
- From 5 to 7 years of experience in developing data intensive web application with J2EE language and the frameworks: Liferay, JQuery, Hibernate, JSP, JSF, Spring Boot/Integration.
- Familiar with the development of web services
- Significant experience with the data Base: PostgreSQL, PL/SQL, PL-PGSQL. Experience with PostGis and NoSQL DB is a plus.
- Familiar with development of unit test cases with Junit, TestNG.
- Experienced with ANT, Maven, Jenkins, SVN
- Experienced with Linux based operating systems (CentOs, Ubuntu, RedHat, etc.).
- Familiar with operating system scripting (bash, awk, perl, etc.).
- Familiar with network protocols: OpenVPN, TCP, UDP, FTP, SNMP, NTP, XMPP, AMQP, MQTT.
- It is a plus the knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Cosmo DB.
- Good foundation in software engineering practice
- Willing to travel in Italy, Europe and overseas
A minimum of a master degree in Computer Science or Computing, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Software Engineering.
Fluent Knowledge of English (written & spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com/
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail
To apply for this job please visit careers.hitachi.com.