ayoba, Africa’s leading communication platform was developed in Africa to spread throughout the world. Our heritage enables us to recognize the many languages and cultures across the African continent and the globe to bring relevant content and a unique communication platform to them all. ayoba has instant messaging capability combined with channels of information, integration of Mobile Money in some territories as well as music & gaming.
As ayoba, we are looking for a mid-senior level IOS Developer to join our team. As a member of the team, you will implement new features in high quality, solve tough problems, involve in code reviews and help other team members’ development.
- Proficiency with Swift (5+) and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with Xcode & Git flow
- Ability to write clean & testable code
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, CallKit, UserNotifications etc.
- Familiarity with using RESTful APIs to connect back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with push notifications & app extensions management
- Familiarity with Agile Development
- Eager to learn new technologies
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Reactive Programming
- Experience with XMPP, WebRTC or a messaging app development
- Experience working with Firebase
- Experience with encryption algorithms
- Experience with media operations
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
Either of the following
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Portfolio of work to show skill set
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional time and project management and the ability to juggle long and short-term deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Confident and ambitious with a can-do attitude
ayoba is committed to diversity and Employment Equity within the workplace, and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.