Gen is a global company powering Digital Freedom through consumer brands including Norton, Avast, LifeLock, Avira, AVG, ReputationDefender, and CCleaner. Our combined heritage is rooted in providing safety for the first digital generations. We bring leading technology solutions in cybersecurity, privacy and identity protection to more than 500 million users in 150 countries so they can live their digital lives safely, privately, and confidently today and for generations to come. We’re always looking for smart, fearless, and dedicated people. Together, we have collective passion and a big vision to power Digital Freedom by protecting consumers and giving them control of their digital lives.
When you’re a part of Gen, you are provided access to a range of resources and support to ensure you can do your best work and live your best life. This includes flexible working options with generous time off and competitive benefits & compensation packages.
Diversity is foundational to how we do business because we know the greatest ideas and results come from our unique perspectives and differences. We strive to create a safe, inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. Team members are valued, respected, and celebrated for who they are in a meaningful and exciting atmosphere. Gen is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs.
If this sounds like you—Gen has a dynamic, supportive culture with core values that celebrate diversity, promote teamwork, and encourage every team member to contribute and grow—join us!
About The Role:
Your mission would be to co-build new and modernize existing services using the latest frameworks. You will work with the team to resolve bugs and increase platform stability. We welcome team players who share our passion for learning new things every day.
About The Team:
Our solutions are primarily based on ASP.NET, AngularJS and PHP, with backend services running in .NET and a client application running in C++.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Develop solutions primarily using .NET (C#)
- Maintain and modernize solutions written in AngularJS and PHP.
- Extend existing features with new functionality.
- Own the investigation and remediation of bugs.
- Extend pipelines and deploy solutions to multiple environments.
- Perform effective code reviews.
- Help to mentor junior colleagues.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful In This Role:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong experience with C# (6y+) and ASP.NET Core (6 or later).
- Experience with AngularJS.
- Confident writing SQL (SQL Server).
- Ability to write testable code and unit tests.
- Ability to write high-performing, scalable code.
- English on B2 level.
- ASP.NET (migrating to .NET 8)
- SQL Server and MySQL
- Jira, GitHub, TeamCity, Confluence, Kibana, Miro
What We Welcome:
- Experience with XMPP
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with React or Angular
- Experience with ASP.NET Webforms
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Experience with Redis
What We Can Offer:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off), flexible working hours & home office.
- The chance to join a major global tech company listed on the S&P 500.
- Opportunity to learn and work with the best in the Digital Security industry
- Cafeteria points are provided by Benefit Plus (meal plan, pension insurance, travel, free time activities, multisport card, and much more).
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related courses
- Learning & Development plan.
- Sustainable home improvement bonus
- Mac/Windows laptop and mobile phone
Gen is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Gen strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider employment-qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.
Gen complies with all anti-discrimination laws.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicant should be eligible for any required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
To apply for this job please visit gen.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.