Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Network Infrastructure’s ambition is to be ‘the world’s most trusted systems partner for the world’s most critical networks. The IP business unit presents Nokia at the top of global leadership in networking and commits to a comprehensive end-to-end IP Networking portfolio, powered by breakthrough silicon and software innovations.
We are an international team of 25+ NPI Engineers located across North Europe (Benelux, Nordics & Baltics). As Network Product Introduction (NPI) team, we support all technical innovations in a growing market, via Network Architecture, Design, Integration, Proof of Concept, & Acceptance work. On a daily base, our team interacts with customers, presales, and consultants to secure technical delivery.
Nokia currently has openings to hire an experience engineer for our Network Integration (NI)/delivery team in SDN & Automation. This is a post-sales position and candidates must possess strong communication and networking skills. Preference will be given to candidates with integration/delivery expertise in the routing environment, especially to those familiar with Software Defined Networking and Data Center Automation. Candidates must be motivated and eager to deliver on complex technical projects and thrive on the success of deploying SDN environments and creating automation solutions to facilitate network management. Candidates must be able and willing to travel with this position and work maintenance windows.
What you will learn and contribute to
Are you passionate about solving problems?
As as member of the team you will be involved with:
- Capture technical use cases and network requirements for SDN networks.
- Validate use cases by staging and demonstrating them in Nokia and/or customer sites.
- Create and support development of High and Low-Level Network Design Solutions, be responsible for preparations of detailed configurations.
- Document Acceptance Test and Method of Procedure(s) descriptions. Develop and maintain test automation. Be responsible for solution validationa and test of deployments.
- Develop, test, & validate scripts, maintaining a library of use and reference cases.
- Present technical workshops to internal Nokia and external customers.
- Work with multiple points of contact, coordinating with (technical) project managers, to ensure support requests are solved in a timely manner.
- Support customers with international on-site business travels, as needed.
Your skills and experience
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent industry experiences;
- Deep Knowledge of IP Networking: Security Settings, QoS, Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS) and services IP VPN, EVPN, VxLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc.
- Understanding of signalling protocols RSVP, LDP, SR (Segment Routing).
- Deep Knowledge with Software Defined Networking, incl. both SD-WAN and SD-DC.
- Knowledge of Virtualization solutions (e.g. OpenStack, VMware and KVM).
- Knowledge or Containerized solutions and microservices (Docket, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc).
- Knowledge of Linux and other Unix based operating systems.
- Interested and knowledgeable about Cloud Computing Engineering, concepts, service models (IaaS, PaaS, etc), deployment models, practical implementations, operations, security and future trends.
- Hands-on experience:
- Python scripting to develop automation capabilities in network environments.
- Network Management of IP and WAN networks (SNMPv3, …).
- RESTful API, gRPC, Openflow, XMPP, JMS Integration experience,
- Software development experience, especially Internet based applications using XML, HTTP/TLS, JSON.
- Knowledge and experience working with databases: MySQL, Elasticsearch etc.
- Eligible for Personal Security Clearance, level Secret.
You contribute to team as:
- Clear communicator (verbal and written) in English with presentation skills.
- Team worker, with ability to work autonomously if required.
- Customer facing engineer, maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- Domain Expert with strong troubleshooting & problem-solving skills.
- Multitasker by handling important tasks at the same time.
- Ambitious and open-minded employee for career opportunities within Nokia.What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
To apply for this job please visit careers.nokia.com.