Website downergroup Downer Professional Services
Relationships creating success
About the job
- Work on leading edge projects for Defence and non-Defence engagements
- Work with purpose delivering critical defence projects and programs for Australia
- Investment in you – learning opportunities, experienced mentors and accessible leadership
Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, achieved with you
As Australia’s multi-disciplinary advisory and business partner of choice for clients in defence, government and infrastructure, we deliver complex things that matter. It’s not always an easy task, but anything worthwhile seldom is. Great things are rarely accomplished alone. We’re building something remarkable. Now we just need you.
A real endeavour, shaped by you
We’re proud of all we’ve achieved so far but there’s still so much more to do. And your job, as a Messaging Technician, will be critical in helping us to build a better, stronger, more agile DPS.
As a Messaging Technician, you will be responsible for working with members of Defence to advance projects and programs through the administering, supporting and manage existing messaging infrastructure deployments and functions.
To succeed in this endeavour, you will:
- Build, management and support of on-Premise Messaging infrastructure in a multi-forest distributed environment.
- Integration of complex ICT infrastructure software and applications with messaging systems
- Proactive maintenance, patching and upgrading of a distributed enterprise
- Development and Build defect remediation
- Analyse, log, track, and resolve complex issues pertaining to messaging
- Creation and peer review of Standard Operating Procedure documentation (SOPs), build guides and related artefacts
A real endeavour, driven by you
Our work is highly complex and confidential, so there are some things you must have to fulfil this role:
- You must hold a current NV2 security clearance or higher.
- If you currently hold a NV1 clearance level, and are willing to attain an NV2, DPS can support you in this process.
We’re also looking for:
- A natural ability to build trusted relationships with team members, customers, and partners.
- Knowledge of Exchange and AD administration, Message Transfer Agents, Microsoft Skype administration
- Experience with XMPP chat tools, Lotus Domino products and VoIP trunking
More than anything, you’ll bring a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a drive to manage critical projects and programs that build sovereign capability and deliver complex things that matter.
Why Downer Professional Services?
At DPS, you’ll find the opportunity to build something remarkable. Here are some of the reasons why our people love working here:
Work with purpose. You’ll deliver or enable critical defence projects and programs in Australia, for Australia. Your expertise will help build sovereign capability.
Great projects, influence and impact. You might join us for the projects, but we think you’ll stay for the impact you can have. With high project ownership, agile problem solving and accessible leaders, you can go further at DPS.
Your opportunity to build something remarkable. We’re proud of all we’ve achieved. But there’s much more to do. Together, we’re building a better, stronger, more agile DPS. From process and systems to culture and communications, we’re working hard to enable our teams to do their best work, whoever and wherever they are.
We encourage you to join us on our greatest endeavour. We’ll support and recognise your contribution, and you’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Veteran support initiatives and policies, including up to 20 days of Reservist Leave for veterans to remain connected as they transition out of active service
- An Employee Assistance Program providing access to professionals to support you (and your family) to achieve your personal or professional goals through wellbeing coaching, counselling, financial advice, legal advice and more.
- Affordable healthcare covers, discounted car purchase and rental (with selected brands), and other retail discounts.
Ready to join us on our biggest endeavour?
Take your career to the next level. Apply for this position by:
- Clicking ‘Apply’ to complete a short form and attach your CV.
- To find out more about this role, please contact Recruitment@downerdefence.com.au
Downer Professional Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Accordingly, we encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including First Nations People and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.