We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Bronze employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best – this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
We are looking for a strong C2 Chat Application Support (SFIA Level – ASUP 4) with NV2 clearance (or NV1 willing to upgrade to NV2) for a career opportunity for one of our Defence clients.
- Business hours support to the C2 Chat system and end user base.
- 24/7 hrs On Call support to the C2 Chat system and end user base
- Completion of all identified maintenance tasks on the C2 Chat infrastructure
- Monitoring and actioning of all associated C2 Chat job queues and logged incidents, changes and tasks.
- Responsible for providing responses to end user queries
- Creation, maintenance and support to all C2 Chat conferences and rooms
- Creation/modification of all required/requested documentation (KBA’s, SOP’s, User guides etc.)
- Completion of other required BAU activities
- The role will work through peak periods (Exercises and/or Operations) and be required to complete the above tasks at an increased level during those events.
- Assist in the Identification, design & implementation of infrastructure hardening for the C2 Chat system.
Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Sound understanding of XMPP and IRC Chat protocols and associated hosting platforms
- Technical experience with;
- M-Link Edge Server
- M-Link IRC Bridge
- Swift XMPP Chat client
- Pidgin Chat client
- Deep Secure Chat Guard
- IRC Unreal Server
- TacChat Server
- Transverse XMPP client
- NV2 or NV1 willing to upgrade essential.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in federal government ICT projects is essential and experience in the Defence sector is highly valued.
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution, and/or equivalent relevant experience (preferably within the Defence industry).
- The team is located in Barton.
- Travel to other ACT Defence sites (e.g. Russell Offices, Brindabella Park) is required.
- Domestic and International travel may also be required.
Due to the inherent requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a minimum NV1 or NV2 Security Clearance. The role will or will likely involve access to controlled technology, must satisfy additional restrictions and requirements as a consequence of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. As a consequence of these restrictions and requirements, applicants may be adversely impacted if they are not Australian citizens, are dual nationals, hold citizenship from proscribed countries or are not of Australian national origin. Please refer to Discrimination (Fujitsu Australia Limited) Exemption 2017 (No 1) Notifiable instrument NI2020-672 (ACT ).
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in some circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, some of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu’s assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all new employees to have received at least two COVID-19 vaccinations or have a medical exemption or otherwise be approved by the Crisis Management Team (CMT). Exemptions will need to be reviewed and approved by Fujitsu’s CMT, prior to being employed. Note that for some roles, employees may need booster vaccination(s) in accordance with a public health order or customer requirement. Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.fujitsu-hr.recruitcp.com.