The Senior Software Development Manager will play a crucial role in the growth and development of our office in Bucharest with focus on building and developing a team across the functions; Software Engineering, Quality Assurance and Support Functions. Will build internal relationships with key stakeholders and other parts of our organization in order to bridge the local teams with the rest of the organization.
- This is a hands-on managerial position reporting to the VP of Software dev with guidance from the Product Architect.
- Build and lead teams across functions; Software Engineering, Quality Assurance and Support Functions
- Drive/establish a culture of empowerment, diversity, collaboration and innovation
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide (technical) leadership to teams through coaching and mentorship
- Partner with leadership and other key stakeholders on resource utilization and quality tracking, including reporting, KPIs
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, analysts and architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain CMP
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on budget.
- Working experience delivering complex, highly scalable software solutions. Previous experience in telecommunications would be considered an advantage
- Extensive working experience with the Java programming language (preferably at least Java 8) and related frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security, Spring WS/REST, Liquibase)
- Extensive working experience with relational and non-relational databases (SQL*, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Extensive working experience with queue systems (e.g. Kafka, ApacheMQ)
- Good understanding of network protocols and specifications such as TCP/IP, SCTP, UDP, DNS
- Previous experience with telecom signaling protocols like SIP, SS7 (INAP/CAP, MAP, ISUP), XMPP, SMPP, Diameter would be considered an advantage.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 10 years of technical / software engineering experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading and developing teams
- Excellent technical writing communication skills
- High proficiency in English. Knowledge of other languages may be an advantage
- Energetic, results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced sales environment where your successes are rewarded
- Ability to self-motivate, inspire and be inspired by others in an open, collaborative and results driven team.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.