This position will lead the software engineering team to extend Westell’s leadership in the IoT industry. He/she provides guidance and technical expertise and works with the engineers to design, develop, and deliver software components for new software and hardware products. This person will be a leader in the organization and uses their knowledge to guide significant new products for customers.
- Achieve New Product Goals & Metrics
- Technology Research and Design Leadership
- Software Engineering Tools and Processes
- Team Budget and Cost Control
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new products by collaborating with customers and the sales team to identify customer needs and develop solutions for those needs
- Responsible for the software engineering team, software architecture, and development programs
- Develop effective outsourcing capabilities to add development resources when required
- System ownership of ISM Engineering mission critical systems, tools, and applications
- Serve as an advanced scout for new technology evaluations. Develop prototypes and business cases to support purchase recommendations
- Maintain extensive working knowledge of mission critical applications
- Develop yearly department budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software or Computer Engineering or equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred
- 7 plus years of relevant software product development experience in M2M, IoT, network communications, enterprise and/or cloud software
- 3 plus years of managing a software development team
- Thorough understanding and experience of AWS Serverless architecture
- Experience with web service protocols (HTTP, SSL, RESTful APIs, XMPP/XML) and TCP/IP Networking
- Strong familiarity with RDBs (Postgres), working knowledge of time series databases preferred
- Deep understanding of Linux, and working knowledge of embedded systems, Yocto, and similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimal travel to customers may be required
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.westell.com.