Website HitachiRailENG Hitachi Rail
Inspire the Next
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated OBS Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples – IT.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
The role will require to configure and maintain an embedded system to process and store data collected on-board. The candidate will be responsible to gather business requirements, configure the on-board diagnostic system and lead the integration within the existing platform. This role is part of a larger multi-disciplinary and international team within the global Hitachi Rail service and maintenance organisation.
The OBS Engineer will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- To perform in-depth technical analysis and modeling of the the on-board systems (e.g., HVAC, Brake, Traction Unit) with Hitachi proprietary tool.
- Test and maintain the on-board server along with the supplier using industry best practice
- Deploy and fully control the OBS in service over large set of fleets
- Issue management and root cause analysis of problems affecting the OBS itself, the communication between the OBS and other on-board systems, and the communication between the OBS and the shore side.
- From 5 to 7 years of experience in developing and testing embedded systems applied to IoT projects (in the railway domain is a plus).
- Proper requirements management for all the process of the software life cycle.
- Hands-on in developing C/C++ application, bash scripting and firmware including the usage of the following protocols TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT, FTP, HTTP. XMPP, Ethernet (knowledge of TRDP protocol is a plus)
- Capable to analyze the system specification of mechanical and electric systems and define their digital twins.
- Mastering of SQL language, embedded databases (e.g., SQLite) and real-time Linux embedded operating systems.
- Experience in working in large cross boarder projects with CI and DEV-OPS methodology
- Think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems and make decisions
- Self-starter able to work independently and directly with the customer
- Willing to travel in Italy, Europe and overseas
A minimum of a master degree in Computer Science or Computing, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Software Engineering.
Fluent Knowledge of English (written & spoken).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.careers.hitachi.com
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower!
Have a glance to our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail
To apply for this job please visit careers.hitachi.com.