Diversey’s mission is to protect and care for people through leading hygiene, infection prevention, and cleaning solutions. We develop and deliver innovative products, services, and technologies that save lives and protect our environment. Over the course of 95 years, the Diversey brand has become synonymous with product quality, service, and innovation.
Our fully integrated suite of solutions combines patented chemicals, dosing and dispensing equipment, cleaning machines, services, and digital analysis. We are a trusted partner serving more than 85,000 customers in over 80 countries with a network of approximately 8,500 employees globally.
We are the leading global pure play provider to the cleaning and hygiene industry for the institutional and food and beverage markets. We provide customers peace of mind by helping maintain their brand integrity so they can focus on growing their business. Through end-to-end repeatable services, we deliver the highest standards across customer locations to achieve improved operational efficiency and environmental sustainability.
The Diversey Inc. technical center in Charlotte is focused on the research and development of cutting-edge technologies that will shape the future of the company’s products. Our engineering team carry out the design of the embedded systems for our dispensing systems and also works in the fast-paced field of the Internet of Things and Services (IoTS) – an exciting combination of business, technology and user experience that is driven by the rapid development of connectivity, mobile computing and machine learning.
We are seeking an Engineer with strong expertise in firmware, software development and web application design that is able to apply these skills to develop and transfer ideas, methods, and software systems into technologies and products for Diversey Inc. in connection with projects in the Internet of Things and Services.
- Development of new modules for the enhancement of the IoT platform
- Research and development of distributed system software infrastructure solutions suitable for deployment across a broad range of products.
- Development of web-based user interfaces for accessing and visualizing sensor data and the development of rule engine applications for using sensor data to trigger certain actions (e.g., turn the heat when a drop in temperature is detected, or turn on a light when a door is opened).
- Measurement of the outcomes of the deployed solutions to validate hypotheses, e.g., reduces chemical consumption of a process over time.
- Evaluation of new tool chains for software development
- Maintenance of embedded systems development platform
- Ensuring IDE/ compilers are kept current
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field and 1+ years’ experience
- Prior experience with firmware development, working with ARM-based embedded systems.
- Distributed systems development experience
- knowledge of TCP/IP & UDP protocols, Familiarity with modern network architectures (e.g. SOA, REST), and communication frameworks (e.g. XMPP, CoAP MQTT)
- Experience in hardware design is preferred, but not required
- Candidate should have aptitude for working in international teams
BENEFITS & PREREQUISITES:
As a full-time employee of Diversey, you will be eligible to enroll in our robust benefits package on your first day which includes, but is not limited to, the following;
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401k (w/ Employer Match up to 6%)
- 15 Paid Vacation Days, prorated based on start date
- 8 Paid Holidays Annually
- 2 Floating Holidays, prorated based on start date
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Diversey provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to be considered for any position to be filled unless the accommodation would pose an undue hardship. Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit diversey.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.